Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Le Tote #1

Le tote is not necessarily a subscription box service however you get clothes in the mail that you can add to your wardrobe so I will be reviewing it with pros and cons.

Le tote has been called the netflix for fasion. For $49 a month (or $19 if you just want three jewelry pieces) get unlimited monthly clothing totes. Each tote comes with three garments and two accessories. You can wear the items for as long as you like or send them back for new items. You can also keep any of the items for a discounted prices. Le tote also offers a free month if you purchase an entire tote.

Pro: While $49 can seem expensive if you wear the clothes and return them quickly you can get up to 3-4 boxes a month compared to other similar services which only provide one box a month.

Pro: The service provides a mailing envelope so all you have to do is put the clothes back in the bag and put it in your mailbox.

Pro: No cleaning required! Le tote handles all dry cleaning services.

Pro/Con: Le tote allows you to select the clothes you like. While other services offer a blind selection, Le tote has their inventory online allowing you to hand select the items you want to receive. This can be a plus or a negative. If you want the element of surprise you will be disappointing but if you are picky about what you wear it will work for you.

Pro: The quality of the clothing is high with brands such as French Connection, BB Dakota and more. The selection is also updated often as they have new arrivals coming in all the time.

Con: At times the clothing and jewelry selections do not seem to go together. It would be nice for the stylists to send pieces that go together.

Here is a review of the first tote I received:


Pro: These Adia Kibur silver earrings were beautiful.

Con: However the style of the earrings did not fit me. I marked on the site that they were not for me and hopefully this will inform the stylists choices for me.

Retail price: $24
Member price: $16

Pro: This City Sleek bracelet was pretty and I paired it with the Paloma Peplum Blouse.
Con: The bracelet was a little clunky for work.

Retail price: $24
Member price: $18.


Pro: The Brooke Grecian dress was comfortable and fit.

Con: The style was particularly not for and was not work appropriate so I sent it back.

Retail Price: $69
Member Price: $48

Pro: I loved the Paloma Peplum blouse. When I first took it out of the tote I thought it was too big and would not look good on me. If I saw it in the store I would never have tried it on. However when I wore it I loved how it looked on me and it fit perfectly. This is one of the benefits of the service that you get to wear clothes that are out of your comfort zone.

Retail price: $48
Member price: $33
Pro: This was my favorite item of the tote. The Tigress maxi shirt was comfortable and made from the softest fabric. I paired the skirt with a black shirt and some sandals. I received multiple compliments throughout the day from my co-workers.

Retail Price: $79
Member Price: $55

Overall I loved this tote and was excited to continue to receive items from Le tote.

Le tote offers new members $10 purchase credit. If you are interested in signing up you can do so at:

http://rfr.io/gillj9





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am thinking of trying le tote but wanted to check if they offer petite dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if they have petite sizes. You can put in your measurements and they have been accurate with my sizes. Check it out at this site: http://rfr.io/gillj9

    ReplyDelete